Win a place for you and a friend onboard a 70 foot sailing yacht, for one day sail sailing on the Solent.
1. By entering this competition, you accept and agree to these terms and conditions, without reservation.
2. Entry is open to UK residents only except employees of Clipper Ventures Plc, their families, agents or anyone contracted to or in communication with Clipper Ventures Plc Plc regarding Clipper Events or the Clipper 13-14, 15-16 or 17-18 Round the World Yacht Race.
3. Due to insurance restrictions only those aged between 18 and 69 may enter.
4. The winner shall be required provide Clipper Ventures Plc details of any current medical treatment, physical disabilities or allergies to medication.
5. Participants will also be asked to sign the following declaration: I declare that to the best of my knowledge, I am not suffering from epilepsy disability, giddy spells, asthma, diabetes, angina, or other heart condition. Note. These conditions will not necessarily prevent you from taking full part in the event however Clipper Ventures Plc may ask the participants to acquire a doctor’s certificate confirming that they are fit before participation in the prize.
6. Should a winner be pregnant and be within three months of their expected date of confinement at any stage of the provision of the prize, Clipper Ventures Plc reserves the right to choose an alternative winner or to withdraw the prize.
7. If insurance cover cannot be provided Clipper Ventures Plc reserves the right to choose an alternative winner or to withdraw the prize.
8. Entrants should enter by email to email@example.com. All entries shall remain the property of Clipper Ventures Plc and they will not be returned.
9. The competition will open on 05 December 2012 and will close on 31 January 2013.
10. The winner will be drawn at random.
11. Entries submitted after the closing time shall not be counted.
12. The decision of the judges is final in all matters relating to this competition.
13. The winners may be required to participate in publicity.
14. A maximum of one entry per person may be submitted.
15. The winners will be notified within two weeks of the closing date of the competition.
16. The prize does not include travel in the UK, personal expenditure or other incidental costs other than those mentioned.
17. Should a winning entrant be unable to participate in any part of the prize or fail to meet the criteria set out in these terms and conditions, Clipper Ventures Plc reserves the right to award that entrant's prize to another entrant.
18. The prize is non-transferable and subject to availability. There is no cash alternative.
19. The prize as described is available on the date of the competition. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of Clipper Ventures Plc and accordingly Clipper Ventures Plc may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and entrants agree that no liability shall attach to Clipper Ventures Plc as a result thereof.
20. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising in relation to the prize draw or these terms and conditions.
21. The client shall indemnify the company for any damages or claims brought against the company as a result of action(s) of the client or any of its party.
22. The client and their guests enter into an agreement when on board the vessel to be obedient to the master’s lawful commands.
23. In the event of there being any fees due on the day of the event, Clipper Ventures Plc Plc reserves the right to withhold the services unless payment is received.
THE PRIZE INCLUDES
- Clipper 70 foot yacht with a professional skipper and mate on Sunday 5 May 2013
- Berthing fees at Gunwharf Quays, Portsmouth
- Racing sails (no spinnakers)
- Foul weather clothing and all safety equipment
- Personal accident insurance benefits
- Full event management
- Catering: breakfast, racing lunch, tea
- Drinks: tea, coffee, a selection of soft drinks and water
YACHTS ARE FULLY INSURED AND SAFETY COMPLIANT FOR
Up to 12 guests per yacht. All guests must be over 18 on the day of the event. Full compliance to the Marine Coastguard Agency’s Code of Practice.#
ITINERARY 4 MAY 2013
09.00 Guests arrive at Gunwharf Quays, Portsmouth, where you have an opportunity to relax and meet fellow crew mates over an informal breakfast. We’ll run through the day giving key information on the schedule and weather.
09.30 Once on board, the skipper will give a full safety briefing and introduce you to the yacht and the basic principles of sailing.
10.00 Slip lines and head out into the Solent for tack, gybe and race training, demonstrating how to get the most out of these fantastic racing yachts.
12.30 A hearty racing lunch will be served on board. Followed by an opportunity for guests to put their new found sailing knowledge into practice with a race against the other Clipper 70.
16.30 Arrive alongside at Gunwharf Quays after a great day on the water.