The Clipper Race is looking for an industry established Head of Partnerships and Events to lead a growing and dynamic team responsible for the management of the Clipper Race partnership portfolio. This department is also responsible for the planning and implementation of Host Port stopovers.
This role will be responsible for some of our most important projects and partnerships in the Clipper 2023-24 Race (and beyond), so we’re looking for someone that has high expectations of themself and the team.
The successful candidate will report into the Managing Director and will be actively involved in constantly evaluating the partnerships offering whilst also delivering acute attention to detail to ensure that client servicing is delivered to its utmost.
The role will require moderate international travel for 2-3 weeks at a time during the race year in line with Clipper Race stopovers. The rest of the time the role will be UK based at Clipper Race’ HQ office [PO12 1FX].
- Be accountable for the day to day running of the Partnerships department and will include account management of some Tier 1 partners. These are fast-paced accounts, and the Clipper Race is a live product, with constantly evolving stories.
- Mentor, motivate and work collaboratively with the partnerships team, leading them to deliver full spectrum account management. Encourage strategic planning to deliver for partner objectives including a hands-on approach to solving their challenges, earn the trust of the client quickly, as the ‘go-to’ for all things on projects.
- Oversee the Clipper Race Stopover programme developing complex Event Management Plans that include event programming, infrastructure, health and safety and brand marketing.
- Identify Business Development opportunities naturally throughout the day to day working of the role.
- Lead the development of creative ideas, working with other departments and the client to question campaign objectives and deliver insightful, creative solutions for each partner.
- Reporting and evaluation for partner accounts
- Ensure monthly forecasting is accurate and regular reports are provided to senior management.
- Participate in and lead high-level meetings with diplomatic and c-suite contacts, you should have cultural awareness and hold yourself to high account
- Contribute to developing new and innovative sponsorship opportunities for the Clipper Race and work with the sponsorship team to generate leads throughout the race network.
- Create and deliver sponsorship presentations using existing templates whilst putting forward creative ideas
- Responsible for managing the contractual negotiations with clients through to signature
- Along with the team, responsible for renewing and upselling partnerships.
- Represent the Partnerships department and work collaboratively with the other departments of Clipper Ventures.
- Maintain a good knowledge of competitor events and relevant sponsorships.
- Demonstrable experience of managing partnerships and renewing/signing partners around sports/events/teams.
- A thorough understanding of account management and event management is considered fundamental to this role.
- An effective leader with strong people management skills and, the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- A good knowledge and understanding of brands, how they buy and leverage sponsorship/partnerships and an understanding of the brand landscape and its changing patterns.
- Ability to build long lasting working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Strong organizational and attention to detail skills with the ability to multitask and prioritise.
- A confident team player that is flexible dependent on business demand and able to delegate and mentor others.
- Experience of managing teams to deliver effective results.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to work calmly under pressure whilst meeting deadline.
- You communicate clearly. High level of writing skill, you speak in an engaging way and can explain your thoughts and ideas succinctly.
- You are a creative thinker, comfortable with delivering ideas away from the traditional but equally at home with conventional marketing techniques.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment – comfortable with an element of unpredictability, navigating and managing change, making smart decisions on the run and guiding the team and client to the best possible outcome.
- You have a can-do, positive, dynamic attitude, hungry to achieve in an organisation where every day is different.
- You’re natural at building rapport with just about anyone at any level in an organisation with a proven ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- You lead a flexible lifestyle which allows you to travel and work away for some extended periods.
- You currently live, or are willing to relocate to, within a commutable distance to our Gosport, Hampshire HQ.
YOU WILL ALSO NEED TO HAVE:
- At least 6 years’ relevant experience in an Account Management role with at least 2 years being in a senior position/head of department, ideally within sport/adventure, or large-scale events.
- Confidence in leading high-level meetings and conversing with senior stakeholders.
- Understanding of incident/crisis management and knowledge of event health and safety.
- Expertise in partnership negotiation, activation, experiential, social content, communications and managing financial processes.
- Competent in Microsoft 365, CRM systems and digital platforms.
- Valid unrestricted passport.
- An understanding and commitment to equal opportunities in employment and sport.
- An understanding of individual responsibility in complying with the Health and Safety policies and arrangements.
- Right to work in the UK
- No sailing experience necessary.
YOUR BENEFIT PACKAGE:
- £55,000 - £60,000 dependent on experience with commission for renewals and upselling.
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays +1 Volunteer day
- Clipper Race Level 1 sail training course
- Private Health Insurance [subject to conditions]
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Travel subsistence
- Company phone and laptop
Please submit your CV and a covering document [letter, presentation, video etc], please ensure that you demonstrate your capabilities across the below areas:
- Account management or client servicing
- Multi-channel activation [planning, delivery, evaluation
- Leading and managing people
Submit to [email protected]
The Executives in Sport Group are retained on behalf of Clipper Ventures to appoint a Head of Partnerships. All direct applications and CV's will be forwarded to The Executives in Sport Group.
Position closing date 16 June 2023, please apply early.