Clipper Ventures is looking for an astute and ambitious individual to take ownership of Tier 3 & 4 partners of the Clipper Race, and provide administrative and operational event support to the team.
- Opportunity for some international travel with the Clipper Race stopovers
- Predominantly office-based role out of our south coast HQ office [PO12 1FX]
- Aimed at someone at the early stages of their career wanting long term progression
- Full time permanent role with a salary of £25,000 - £27,000
United by the desire for adventure, ambition, limitless boundaries and sailing excellence, the Clipper Ventures brands enable extraordinary sailing experiences by making them accessible, safe and human.
Established in 1995, Clipper Ventures has grown significantly over the past 27 years, with a complementary range of sailing brands within its portfolio that supports pathways for recreational adventurers with no previous sailing experience through to professional seafarer.
Today, Clipper Ventures encompasses our flagship brand the Clipper Round the World Yacht Race and our growing pillars; Clipper Events, SKIRR Adventures, Hamble School of Yachting and Clipper China.
This is a race without equal; one of the biggest challenges of the natural world and an endurance test like no other. The Clipper Race is a powerful blend of fiercely intense competition and stirring human endeavour. We aren’t afraid to compete and push boundaries - the world’s longest yacht race enables individuals to pit their wits, skills, and courage against the toughest oceans, with no previous sailing experience required.
This momentous biennial event is born from crew with a thirst for a life changing adventure, believing that anything is possible as they navigate the Doldrums en-route to South America, endure epic Southern Ocean storms, experience South African sunsets, face the mountainous seas of the North Pacific - and create lifelong memories before returning as heroes.
The race is everything; it’s exciting, uncomfortable, exhilarating and at times frustrating. Since 1996 the Clipper Race has developed over 5,000 people into competent ocean racers and built a reputation for showcasing brands and building international trade links between partners and host destinations.
Clipper Ventures is looking for an astute and ambitious individual to join the team as ‘Partnerships and Events Executive’.
As a Junior Account Manager, you will provide administrative team support and take ownership of the management of Tier 3 and 4 Clipper Race partnership accounts. The role would suit somebody who is in the early stages of their career looking for an opportunity to learn in a global sports environment and has the enthusiasm, commitment, and drive to leverage this position to its potential.
Reporting to the Senior Partnerships Manager, you will be primarily UK based in the Clipper Ventures, Gosport office but may include overseas travel to the Clipper Race stopovers.
- Be accountable for the running and management of a range of Tier 3 and 4 partnership accounts.
- Effectively manage the delivery of the partner’s contract and rights and benefits.
- Deliver excellent client service to the Clipper Race partners.
- Responsible for account planning, development, management, on site activation, administration and evaluation, to include delivery of the partners contractual rights and benefits.
- Ensure full and high standard client servicing on every aspect of the account.
- Lead on partnerships digital offering, liaise with the in-house Communications Team to ensure Race Partners are effectively profiled across the Clipper Race social channels and website.
- Liaise with key departments in the planning and execution of the partnership programme including Communications, Race Office, Brand/Marketing and Accounts.
- Sourcing and management of third party suppliers.
- Development of digital and experiential activations across B2B, B2C, G2G, B2G objectives.
- Lead on Tier 3 and 4 partner contract renewals where relevant.
Partnerships Team support
- Supporting Partnership Managers with administrative activity.
- Report writing and sending comprehensive and informative newsletters/ reports after each race stopover highlighting business activation for example, to all key contacts through an in-house HTML marketing system.
- Co-ordinating events: researching venues, sourcing quotes, on the day, table plans etc.
- Managing/assisting in the running of events, which include sailing days, business networking events and dinners.
- Assisting partners: with tasks as required such as finding venues/hotels/services in the various stopovers.
- Preparing and updating case studies on different industry sectors to ensure we have a good selection to cover all markets.
- Liaising with the Communications Team to make sure we have the latest media figures and any significant features that can be used in sales presentations.
- To update and maintain an accurate partnership contact database.
- To support the Partnership Managers with any additional duties that may be required across the department.
- You communicate clearly, write well, speak in an engaging way and can explain your thoughts and ideas succinctly.
- You can think on your feet and use initiative.
- You enjoy learning new things and can quickly adapt when things change.
- You have a can-do, positive, friendly attitude, and are hungry to achieve in an organisation where every day is different.
- You thrive on working on multiple projects at any one time.
- You enjoy solving problems and finding creative solutions to challenges.
- You are a real team player but can also work independently.
- You currently live, or are willing to relocate to, within a commutable distance to our Gosport, Hampshire HQ.
You will also need to have:
- Previous experience of working in a commercial/client facing environment required (1-year minimum).
- Practical sponsorship/partnerships account management/activation experience.
- Experience of working with event organisers.
- Project management experience is advantageous with clear evidence.
- No sailing experience necessary.
- A degree qualification or equivalent relevant experience.
- Competent in Microsoft 365, CRM systems and digital platforms.
- Valid unrestricted passport.
- An understanding and commitment to equal opportunities in employment and sport.
- An understanding of individual responsibility in complying with the Health and Safety policies and arrangements.
- Right to work in the UK
- £25,000 - £27,000 dependent on experience
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays and one volunteer day
- Clipper Race Level 1 sail training course
- Private Health Insurance [subject to conditions]
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Travel subsistence
- Company phone and laptop
Please submit your CV and a covering document [letter, presentation, video etc], please ensure that you demonstrate your capabilities across the below areas:
- Event or project management
- Adaptability or multi-tasking
- Digital or social media campaigns
- Building relationships
Submit to [email protected]
Position open until filled, please apply early.