Opportunity for a Senior Partnerships Account Manager to join the team at Clipper Round the World Yacht Race HQ. The Clipper Race is looking for a thoughtful, committed and established Senior Account Manager to join a growing and dynamic team to take ownership of the day to day management of a range of partnership accounts. The role is also responsible for the planning and implementation of Host Port stopovers. The successful candidate will report into the Head of Partnerships and will be actively involved in constantly evaluating the partnerships offering whilst also delivering acute attention to detail to ensure that client servicing is delivered to its utmost. The role will require international travel for 2-3 weeks at a time during the race year.
- Be accountable for the day to day running of multiple tier 1 accounts across the race partnership portfolio.
- Delivering full spectrum account management; planning, development, on site activation, administration and evaluation.
- Ensure full and high standard client servicing on every aspect of the account.
- Lead the development of creative ideas, working with other departments and the client to question campaign objectives and deliver insightful, creative solutions for each partner.
- Development of activations across B2B, B2C, G2G, B2G objectives.
- Reporting and evaluation: pre, during and post events
- Implementation of the Host Port requirements
- Management of the Stopover Schedule alongside the Race Team
- Delivery of a programme of events for the stopover.
- Liaise with key departments in the planning and execution of the partnership programme including Communications, Race Office, Brand/Marketing and Accounts.
- Line management of Partnership Account Executive
- Project lead on Partnership Media Brand Evaluation
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 4 years’ relevant experience in a Account Management role with at least 2 years being in a senior position, ideally within sport, or large scale events.
- An exceedingly strong and determined individual who will go above and beyond for their clients.
- Confident leading high level meetings, and conversing with senior stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail, yet ability to multi-task and work at pace.
- Established in partnership negotiation, activation, experiential, social content, communications and managing financial processes.
- Relevant experience in creating and delivering fully integrated campaigns, from conception to evaluation.
- Project management experience, with the ability to manage your own time as well as more junior members of your team, delegating and managing as required.
- Extremely organised and able to work to strict deadlines.
- Be able to anticipate your clients’ needs before they do and be ready to go that extra mile.
- A willingness to learn quickly and absorb information.
- Able to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of your client’s business and its sector.
- Extremely hard working and conscientious with a positive, “can do attitude” and ready to work outside of the usual 9 to 5 environment.
- A creative thinker, comfortable with delivering ideas away from the traditional but equally at home with conventional marketing techniques.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- No sailing experience necessary.
- You communicate clearly. You can write well, you speak in an engaging way and can explain your thoughts and ideas succinctly.
- You can think on your feet and use initiative.
- You enjoy learning new things and can quickly adapt when things change.
- You have a can-do, positive, dynamic attitude, hungry to achieve in an organisation where every day is different.
- You’re a natural at building rapport with just about anyone at any level in an organisation.
- You pay attention to the detail, you stay focused and nothing gets missed.
- You thrive on working on multiple projects at any one time.
- You enjoy solving problems and finding creative solutions to challenges.
- You are patient, level headed and cool under pressure.
- You are a real team player.
- You lead a flexible lifestyle which allows you to travel and work away for some extended periods.
- You currently live, or are willing to relocate to, within a commutable distance to our Gosport, Hampshire HQ.
YOU WILL ALSO NEED TO HAVE
- A degree qualification or equivalent experience.
- Solid [4 years] agency or rights holder experience working in a similar role.
- A high-level PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook skills and a confidence to present internally and externally.
Please submit your application via Global Sports. Ensuring a covering letter is submitted in the 'Motivation' box and the CV on your Global Sports profile is relevant and up to date BEFORE clicking the 'Apply' button, below.
In your covering letter, please include:
- An example of account management or client servicing
- An example of event management
- An example of managing people
- Why you would suit working at the Clipper Race
- What date you can start work/notice period
- If you have any leave or holiday booked between now and September 2020
Interviews will be on application
Applications will be open until position filled, so please apply early.
- Round 1 - Phone/Skype interview on application review
- Round 2 - In person [Dates TBC]
£40,000 - £45,000
Important: Please submit a covering letter in the 'Motivation' box and ensure that the CV on your Global Sports profile is relevant and up to date BEFORE clicking the 'Apply' button.