Clipper Ventures PLC is recruiting a full time Training Coordinator to work within the Training Department assisting the Head of Training and the Training Office Manager.
The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring all of the day to day paperwork and administration relating to the training courses, delivered by the Clipper Ventures Training Department, is in place both prior to and on completion of all courses. They will also work closely with the Race Department ensuring that the relevant documentation is in place before a Crew Member embarks on their training programme for the Clipper Round the World Yacht Race.
This is primarily an office-based administration role requiring a considerable amount of contact with Clipper Race crew members.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
While the role and responsibilities will vary from time to time the successful candidate will be required to do the following as a minimum:
- General day to day office admin tasks such as answering the phone and dealing with enquiries generated by telephone, email, and the Clipper Race website
- Ensure all training paperwork is in place prior to course commencement – courses run weekly, all year round
- Ensure each individual on a course has the relevant paperwork in place prior to their participation on a course such as Insurance, Medical info and Emergency contact information
- Process all paperwork on course completion and issue the relevant certificates to the individuals who have successfully completed the course
- Assist the Head of Training with any advertising/marketing campaigns to promote Clipper Race training
- Setting up classrooms for the theory based courses
- Be available to provide boat tours for prospective crew
- Undertake crew debriefs and deal with crew questions and issues
- Be able to concentrate on routine and repetitive tasks for long periods
- Anything else that the Head of Training specifies within reason
SKILLS / CHARACTERISTICS / EXPERIENCE
The successful applicant shall:
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Be willing to be flexible and have a “can do” attitude to have a go at anything
- Be able to read and write clearly with good levels of spelling and grammar
- Be numerate
- Have competent keyboard and IT skills including experience with spread sheets and databases
- Be able to work quickly and accurately and occasionally under pressure
- Have good spoken and written communication skills
- Be able to work without close supervision and be able to use initiative
- Be a good team member
- Be highly organised, methodical and self-motivated
- Pay attention to detail
- Be able to handle problems using own initiative but know when to refer matters to a supervisor
- Have experience dealing direct with customers face to face and on the telephone
- Be sympathetic to customers but at the same time also ensuring the company line is followed
- Have an understanding of sailing yachts and their crew would be desirable but not essential
- Present a professional image to crew, sponsors, and other customers at all times, being mindful that all Clipper Ventures are ambassadors for the Clipper Race
TERMS OF CONTRACT
1. The position is full time and permanent.
2. The successful applicant will work 40 hours per week (standard office hours 0830-1700), maybe some later evenings, and will be required to work some weekends and possibly bank holidays. Time off in lieu may be given for any additional days providing it does not adversely affect the business.
3. The applicant will be granted 25 days holiday per year + the statutory bank holidays.
4. The successful applicant will be paid £18K-£20K per annum, paid monthly in arrears, depending on experience.
5. There will be a 3 month probationary period.
6. Occasionally the successful applicant will be required to work away from home for events such as boat shows and race start/finish.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying please send your CV, along with a cover letter and a recent photograph by post or email to the Training Office Manager, Kirsty Squires, at:
Clipper Ventures PLC, Charles House, Gosport Marina, Mumby Road, Gosport, PO12 1AH.