Competition Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS - Elliot Brown and Clipper Race Leg 6 competition
1. By entering this competition, you accept and agree to these terms and conditions, without reservation. The decision of the judges in all matters relating to this competition and the performance of the prize is final and no correspondence over such decisions will be entered into.
2. The winner will be required to disclose any medical or physical conditions that may affect their ability to participate in the prize. The winner will be responsible for obtaining any necessary visas and vaccinations and must have a valid passport with at least six months to expiry at the end of the prize period, currently scheduled to be late April 2018.
3. Entry is open to residents in the UK and must be aged 18 years or older. Employees of the Firefighter Magazine and its group companies, Clipper Ventures PLC, their families, agents or anyone contracted to or in communication with Clipper Ventures regarding Clipper Round the World Yacht Race are not eligible to enter.
4. To enter this competition, participants may submit one entry only. Simply tell us in no more than 350 words why you want to go on an adventure and how you would fundraise during your trip for charities Unicef and Firefighters Charities. The winner will join the race in March 2018 departing from Qingdao to Seattle spending 4 weeks at sea.
Send your entry via email to: email@example.com (and don't forget to include your name, address, telephone number and date of birth).
5. Entries must be received by midnight on Sunday 2 July 2017 Once submitted, the Promoter cannot accept any amends to any part of an entry.
6. All entries submitted must be in English, be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that their entry does not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws.
7. Copyright in all entries submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Clipper Ventures PLC / Elliot Brown Watches / Firefighter Magazine to feature any or all of the submitted entries in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition. Entrants will not receive remittance for such publication, though their work will be credited.
8. Late, illegible, incomplete or defaced entries, or entries longer than 350 words will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission or posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be submitted through agencies or third parties.
9. The judges will be looking for entries that indicate there is an interesting story behind the entrant’s entry. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. A short list of suitable entrants will be selected from all entries and will be telephone-interviewed by a member of the Clipper Race Crew Recruitment team. Where appropriate, short listed entrants will be invited to attend a face-to-face interview by the Clipper Crew Recruitment team.
11. The short-listed entrants will be notified within one week of the closing date of the competition Sunday 2 July 2017.
One winning entrant shall be selected from the short list and be invited to
participate in Leg 6 (The Mighty Pacific Leg) of the Clipper 2017-18 Round the
World Yacht Race. The date of this leg will be in March 2018-April 2018 subject
to confirmation on or before December 2017.
The prize includes:
- 4 individual weeks of compulsory training in the UK to be completed by December 2017
- Official Clipper Race foul weather kit by Henri Lloyd
- 4 weeks on board Leg 6 in March - April 2018
The prize does not include:
- Compulsory insurance to a cost of Max. £490
- Travel or accommodation to and from training courses and stopovers
The winner will be required to sign Clipper Ventures PLC’s Crew Agreement.
Also, the winner must commit to a full training programme by Clipper Ventures PLC provided at its Gosport Training Facility, subject to available dates, which must be completed successfully before December 2017. Training is over four separate weeks and includes weekends.
The winner is required to:
- Raise £1000 which will be shared evenly to the Clipper 2017-18 Race Charity Partner, Unicef UK and Firefighters charities.
- Opt in to Elliot Brown Watches and Clipper Ventures PLC database to receive newsletter correspondence.
14. The training programme does not include travel, accommodation, food and drink, personal expenditure or incidental costs, before, during or after training.
15. If at any point after selection, Clipper Ventures PLC decides, at its sole discretion, that the winner is not suitable to participate in the Clipper Race for any reasonable reason, Clipper Ventures PLC reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and the winner shall not be entitled to any compensation.
16. Should the winner be unable to participate in any part of the prize or fail to meet the Clipper Round the World Yacht Race crew requirements, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and, if appropriate, award that entrant’s prize to another entrant.
17. The prize is non transferable and subject to availability. There is no cash alternative.
18. The prize as described is available on the date of publication. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and/or Clipper Ventures PLC. Accordingly the Promoter and/or Clipper Ventures PLC may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and entrants agree that no liability shall attach to the Promoter and/or Clipper Ventures PLC as a result thereof.
19. Clipper Ventures PLC is responsible for the first part of the competition, which is the publication and adjudication of the entries for the short-list. The selection of the overall winner and all other facilities connected with the provision of prize is the responsibility of Clipper Ventures PLC and Elliot Brown Watches.
20. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising in relation to the prize draw or these terms and conditions.