Purpose of role:
- Assist the Operations & Logistics Manager and members of the Race Office Team in the UK and on overseas stopovers in the preparation for and during the Clipper Round the World Yacht Race and the wider Clipper Ventures business.
- Assist with all pre-race preparations for the Race Office.
- Management of ordering, distribution and stocktake of all technical clothing for staff and Race Crew during the Clipper Race.
- Participate in watch system providing cover 24/7 to the yachts whilst racing.
- General assistance to all departments.
- Management of all transport to and from airports.
- Assisting with staff flights and accommodation bookings.
Overseas during stopovers:
- Assist with set-up and pack down of all Race Village branding and structures.
- Assist with set-up and preparation for corporate and sponsor sailing.
- General driving duties.
- Race administration - immigration / customs / incident reporting / victualing.
- General assistance in stopovers (including gas bottle runs / berthing requirements / delivering maintenance spares / transporting sails)
- May be required to support other divisions and functions of Clipper Ventures Plc not specifically stipulated within this description.
Experience, qualifications and key skills required:
- Aged over 25 for purpose of hiring multi-sized vehicles.
- Hold a valid Right to Work for the UK.
- Must have UK driving license (held for minimum 1 year).
- Able to work well under direction.
- Good written and communication skills.
- Competent in Microsoft Office 365.
- Punctual and committed.
- Willing to undertake extensive overseas travel (during 11-month race cycle for extended periods) and work out of hours whilst in UK and overseas.
Behavioral competencies and personal qualities required:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn about sailing.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, and not afraid to get your hands dirty.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- Resourceful and resilient.
- Team player.
- Reliable and flexible.
- Results driven.
- Friendly and approachable.
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays and one volunteer day.
- Clipper Race Level 1 sail training course (when time allows).
- Private health insurance (subject to conditions).
- Discounted gym membership.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Company pension scheme.
- Travel subsistence.
- Company phone and laptop.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV, covering letter and notice period for current role to Operations and Logistics Manager, Matt Pettit: [email protected]
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications expected, we are unable to respond to all applicants.