Brand awareness, Business development, Product placement
- To leverage the association with the Clipper Round the World Yacht Race to increase brand awareness of Sta-Lok products and services.
- To showcase quality and reliability of Sta-Lok products
- To utilise its collaboration with the race to establish new contacts in both the UK and USA.
- Through the Clipper Race, Sta-Lok became a partner of the GREAT Britain Campaign under the Innovation is GREAT pillar, enabling them to work strategically with the Department of International Trade [DIT]. Utilising the new partnership Sta-Lok used the New York stopover to meet and develop its links with DIT at the British Consulate in New York, with the hope of generating new business on the US East Coast.
- Sta-Lok built new relationships through attending the Clipper Connect Business Series including the event held at the Nasdaq MarketSite in Times Square.
- Sta-Lok utilised the partnership by cross marketing at trade shows to highlight product capability to other markets.
- All Sta-Lok fittings on board withstood the test of a 40,000nm circumnavigation
- Online media coverage was secured in UK, US, Australia and China. With regional print in Essex and the US. Social media posts including Clipper Race content and the #stalokspotlight campaign saw marked increases in engagement on Sta-Lok’s owned channels.
- Wanting to increase the level of engagement between the Sta-Lok brand and the Clipper Race crew we identified the opportunity to highlight insightful crew diaries and #stalokspotlight was created. Starting during Race 2 in September 2017, Sta-Lok selected and highlighted a different crew blog, with supporting imagery, each week, via their own social channels, which was also re-shared by the Clipper Race. Since then the hashtag generated engagement from crew, supporters but also other Clipper Race partners with significant follower bases.
Sail Day and Static
- Sta-Lok utilised the New York stopover to celebrate ten years of being established in the United States by inviting staff and partner suppliers in both the marine and construction industries to a sailing experience on board a Clipper 70.
- Following sailing on the Hudson, guests were joined by Clipper Race Director Mark Light and some Clipper 2017-18 Race crew members for a Q&A discussing exactly what it takes to both manage and participate in a 40,000 nautical mile adventure of a lifetime, and how the Sta-lok rigging stands up in some of the world’s harshest environments.
Our time in New York and our partnership with the Clipper Race, also allowed us to strengthen existing relationships and build new connections that will hopefully help to bring further success for Sta-Lok in the US during the next 10 years and beyond.