Since our last blog, we have been waiting to see if our tactical choice made three days ago would pay off.
After our sailing buddies on Washington, DC played a fast one and headed north under their invisibility cloak. We decided to carry on heading east for an extra 12 hours.
Now we are seeing the results of that decision. As we are in our final 100nm and have just managed to escape the pre finish wind hole. Its looking like it may have paid off.
Although, it’s important to remember that it’s not over until we have crossed the finish line. We can’t afford to relax just yet.
Congratulations to Dare To Lead on first place.
Dan, Laura, and the UNICEF team