Race Finish Live Stream
23 July 2018
Over 700 everyday people from 41 nations have taken on the toughest oceans on the planet in the 2017-18 edition of the unique Clipper Round the World Yacht Race.
After racing almost 40,000 miles around the world eleven teams of non-professional sailors are soon to complete their tough, almost year-long ocean journey. Aged between 18 and 76 years old, participants in the Clipper Race have battled ‘phenomenal sea states’ with 14 metre high waves, hurricane force winds, boat speeds up to 35 knots (equivalent to 40 mph), extreme heat and freezing conditions. But their endurance challenge is almost over as the thirteenth and final stage in this unique global adventure is underway.
If you can’t be with us in Liverpool to join their celebrations in person, you can tune in to watch the dramatic conclusion LIVE from 0900-1500 BST on Saturday 28 July 2018 on our website at www.clipperroundtheworld.com/livestream.
The challenging eleventh edition will reach its climax in Liverpool this coming weekend with a nail-biting sprint finish up the River Mersey to the finish line off the Royal Albert Dock. Followed by a triumphant parade of sail along the city’s iconic waterfront, emotional reunions with friends and family and the winning team lifting the Clipper Race Trophy in the concluding prizegiving ceremony of the 2017-18 edition.
With footage from the skies, onboard and shoreside it really is not to be missed.
APPROXIMATE TIMES BST (GMT/UTC+1)
- 09.00 FEED START: Closing stages of final sprint to finish on River Mersey
- 10.00 Clipper Race fleet gathers on the River Mersey
- 11.00 Yachts line up for triumphant Parade of Sail along the iconic Liverpool waterfront in overall Race Finish positions
- 12.00 Yachts begin locking procedure into Canning Half Tide Dock
- 13.00 Yachts transit into Royal Albert Dock to berth in front of family and friends
- 13.50 All boats alongside - teams parade to Museum of Liverpool for prizegiving
- 14.00-1500 (approx) Prizegiving ceremony