Liverpool, UK 0800-1400 UTC, 28/07/2018
The challenging eleventh edition reached its climax in Liverpool on 28th July, with a nail-biting sprint finish up the River Mersey to the finish line off the Royal Albert Dock. Followed by a triumphant parade of sail along the city’s iconic waterfront, emotional reunions with friends and family and the winning team lifting the Clipper Race Trophy in the concluding prizegiving ceremony of the 2017-18 edition.
With footage from the skies, onboard and shoreside it really is not to be missed.
APPROXIMATE TIMES BST (GMT/UTC+1)
- 09.00 FEED START: Closing stages of final sprint to finish on River Mersey
- 10.00 Clipper Race fleet gathers on the River Mersey
- 11.00 Yachts line up for triumphant Parade of Sail along the iconic Liverpool waterfront in overall Race Finish positions
- 12.00 Yachts begin locking procedure into Canning Half Tide Dock
- 13.00 Yachts transit into Royal Albert Dock to berth in front of family and friends
- 13.50 All boats alongside - teams parade to Museum of Liverpool for prizegiving
- 14.00-1500 (approx) Prizegiving ceremony