Elliot Brown Watches
Brand awareness, Digital, Growth, Product placement, Sales, Shared values
- To increase brand awareness throughout its target audience of adventurers, with the end result being growth in sales and as a company as a whole.
- To generate collateral for use across multiple marketing platforms.
- 40% growth as a company during race campaign.
- All limited-edition Clipper Race watches sold out.
- Over 10,000 views of Elliot Brown dedicated videos on YouTube.
- Successful brand ambassador appointment created 18 blogs, a continual tweet stream, and a wide range of impactful images - all unique and engaging content.
- The Race Viewer page with the Official Timekeeper logo received:
- o3.58million page views.
- o2.55million unique page views.
- o03.20 minutes – was the average amount of time users spent on the page.
- The Clipper Race home page with the Official Timekeeper logo achieved:
- o1.4million page views.
- o1.04million unique page views.
- 6,500 page views of the Clipper Race watch merchandise page on www.clipperroundtheworld.com.
- 9,500 referral visitors to www.elliotbrownwatches.com
- Full page adverts featuring the watch - Top Gear x 2, Yachts & Yachting x 3,
- Email broadcast features: Henri Lloyd retail database + Henri Lloyd blog feature
- 24 x Elliot Brown official stockists featuring Clipper Race display in store
- Official online stockists included: Watch Shop, Watches2U, Goldsmiths, Jura Watches, Beaverbrooks
- Featured in the GREAT Britain campaign promoting British brands doing business.
- Media achievements:
- 108 news items.
- With a reach of 201million.
- £761,000 PR value.
- Featured in: Trade/lifestyle outlets: Watch Pro, STUFF magazine, Marina Mag, CAR Magazine, Top Gear Magazine, Outdoor Enthusiast as well as sailing press such as Sailing World, Yachts and Yachting, EuroNews, and All at Sea.
- Collaborated with race partner Henri Lloyd to become a new distributor selling the Clipper Race watch in six of its stores. Henri Lloyd features in blog and email broadcasts to customer database.
- Placement of Elliot Brown Official
Timekeeper logo in time related environments for maximum awareness and
association. Positions included:
- clipperroundtheworld.com home page alongside the countdown clock for the start of each race and the time elapsed clock during each race.
- On the Race Viewer page, providing real time tracking of the yachts’ positions, next to the race clock.
- Used alongside the Ocean Sprint results on graphic tiles created for use across social media.
- A preview of each race featured Sir Robin Knox-Johnston beside an animated video graphic showing the Elliot Brown Clipper Race watch face as a 60 second countdown clock. The videos were hosted on YouTube and shared across social media platforms.
- On the inflatable start line marks, which created an on-the-water visual presence to coordinate with the Race Start timed by Elliot Brown.
- Gifted watches to over 50 business and political dignitaries around the race route, as a soft introduction to the brand in new markets.
- Inclusion of the Elliot Brown watch merchandise page on the Clipper Race website.
- Placed a watch on the bow, and on the base and top of the mast on one of the Clipper 70s, to expose the watches to extreme temperature changes and salt water. The condition of the watches were recorded by stills in each port, and the environment they survived in on board captured by video.
- Each of the twelve Clipper Race skippers wore an Elliot Brown Clipper Race watch, creating not only a great test to prove the durability of the watch, but it also enabled powerful images to be captured.
Appointed a dedicated brand ambassador from the race crew, Matt Ogg, who provided unique content to use on the website and across social media. Examples include:
- Wrote a compelling blog for each of the races.
- Captured on board images and video of the watch in extreme environments.
- Sent back tweets describing daily life.
- Participated in live Skype calls.
- Race 4 was named The
Elliot Brown Timekeeper Cup, and this provided the brand with:
- Brand namecheck in every Daily Update [distributed to 6,000 people
daily], the Race Start and Finish press releases, and daily news stories on the
- Branded image library of on board images and from the Race Start and Finish.
- Catalyst to host a social media competition, engaging Elliot Brown fans from across multiple sectors.
- Brand namecheck in every Daily Update [distributed to 6,000 people daily], the Race Start and Finish press releases, and daily news stories on the race website.
- Lifestyle photo-call
showcasing the Clipper Race watch, which created key visuals for advertising
- Advert featuring Clipper Race watch visual in Yachts and Yachting magazine.
- Back cover advert on Clipper Race 360 magazine which distributes 30,000 copies worldwide.
- Digital headline banner advertising on yachtsandyachting.com and watchpro.com.
Becoming the official timing partner of the Clipper Race is one of the best decisions we’ve made as a business. Not only have we experienced over 40% growth as a business, we’ve made new friends, met a fantastic bunch of people and exposed our brand to a whole new audience - all of whom share an adventurous spirit