Business development, Experiential / Engagement, Product placement, Research and development, Shared values
- To align products to the adventure and endurance market.
- To demonstrate products are built to last, not just designed to look good.
- To use the Clipper Race as a test bed for new technologies and design firsts.
- To create a new and engaged customer base.
- A typical year-on-year increase of 40 per cent in sales directly attributed to the Clipper Race.
- Clipper Race crew feedback has contributed towards the design of current and future Henri Lloyd marine technical apparel.
- Increased digital consumer database.
- 80 per cent of Race Crew members have signed up to the Privilege Club and continue to be part of the HLCLUB family, demonstrating a significant level of engagement by customers.
- The Seamanship Award generated significant media coverage and profiling within the sailing industry. The winning candidate went on to be awarded the YJA Yachtsman of the Year Award.
- Instant product
- The race offered real time reaction to products, allowing ongoing development and improvement. Henri Lloyd used the race to evaluate the wear, suitability and comfort of its current products.
- Privilege Club:
- Henri Lloyd had access to a unique and highly targeted audience, which it effectively engaged through a membership only ‘Privilege Club’. The club offers additional benefits and is designed to support crew members during the race and beyond, offering exclusive insights, opportunities and engagement.
- Research and development:
- Selected crew tested Henri Lloyd’s cutting edge, top-secret coatings to ensure its products remained at the forefront of the market by pioneering technology.
- Seamanship award:
- The Henri Lloyd Seamanship Award was created to recognise the lengths a crew member or team will go to help each other and/or preserve the equipment on board.
Henri Lloyd has been the technical
clothing partner to the Clipper Round the World Yacht Race since 2002 and has
committed to sponsor the 2017-18 edition of the race.
As well as the global brand exposure we receive through our partnership with the Clipper Race, the race and its competitors are an excellent test bed for our technical products, and we have used it as a main field test for the development and evolution of our current marine range.