Active fans / Audience, Brand awareness, Digital, Experiential / Engagement, Growth, Shared values
To increase brand awareness, create fan engagement and grow its customer base by aligning with the shared values of the race; challenge, adventure and passion.
Stormhoek used the race as a unique opportunity to engage with fans by combining its fan base with Clipper Race followers to launch an eleven-month fan engagement opportunity which helped drive brand awareness, sales and engagement.
- Over a 400% increase in Facebook followers (from 2,000 to 10,163).
- 74% increase in interaction to posts on Facebook.
- Over the course of the 2015-16 race 3,604,356 bottles of Stormhoek wine, each featuring the Clipper Race logo, were shipped around the world.
- To tie in with the Cape Town stopover Stormhoek was launched for the first time into the local market. Sold in unique striped bottles, the wines sold out soon after the launch.
- Agreements have been made with two of the UK’s leading supermarkets to stock at least 100,000 bottles of the Clipper Race 2017-18 Branded Range of Stormhoek Wines. Competitions and consumer engagement will be arranged in line with the campaign which bring fans face to face with Clipper Race stopovers.
The Stormhoek Social Spirit award:
- Designed to provide recognition to acts of kindness, teamwork, courage, and positive spirit during the race, voted for by supporters and awarded at each official Prize Giving ceremony in addition to the podium places.
- The Stormhoek Social Spirit Award was created as a hook to engage race crew, their supporters and the wider Clipper Race family. Complimenting the existing Stormhoek #changeyourworld campaign, the award offered race supporters an influence into crew members’ experiences rather than just watching the action unfold.
- The Stormhoek Social Spirit Award provided the backbone to the partnership and allowed voters to go beyond the click of a mouse by actually sharing their thoughts, feelings and experiences.
- At each Prize Giving ceremony in port, the Stormhoek Social Spirit Award was presented along with branded buffs and magnums of fizz to create fresh and unique imagery as well as a reason to celebrate in addition to recognising the best performances.
- Clipper Race stopovers became the perfect platform for new content as Stormhoek Wine was served at arrival drinks, Prize Giving’s and the all-important podium arrivals.
- One-off activations and ‘bashes’ were hosted along the race route, keeping engagement high and the brand in the forefront of the minds of fans.
The Cape Town Stopover:
- The race into Cape Town was named by Stormhoek in order to launch its South African sales campaign.
- The Stormhoek Race to the Cape of Storms race start coincided with the launch of a special edition Clipper Race branded nautical wine bottle range, which sold out shortly after launch.
- During the stopover daily engagement opportunities were arranged to cement allegiance with the Clipper Race network both at home and in port.
The Den Helder Stopover:
- Stormhoek built on an existing client base and offered its Dutch importer a unique opportunity by creating bespoke activations during the Clipper Race Festival Willemsoord.
- The retailer was stocked with special edition Stormhoek Clipper Race bottles, each adorned with neck tags promoting the festival as well as offering customers the opportunity to win unique experiences.
- The festival was also home to the Stormhoek Wine Van which served wines from their range to festival goers and created further engagement and memories through daily activations, including branded imagery which was shared across its social media.
Just like the Clipper Race, Stormhoek Wines celebrate life and the idea of dreaming big and being brave. We believe everyone has extraordinary abilities within themselves and that by coming together, through huge adventures like the Clipper Race, we can discover what makes life worth living