Albany stopover photo competition
22 November 2015
The Clipper Race fleet is approaching Albany, Western Australia, on its way from South Africa, and we want to see your best images of the yachts arriving in to Albany Waterfront Marina, and in situ during the stopover.
The winner of the best image will get to watch the race restart on the committee boat on Tuesday December 1, getting a prime on the water position to see the 12 teams set off at the start of the All Australian leg 4 to Sydney.
The winner will also get a goodie bag of Clipper Race merchandise, as will five runners up.
To enter, you will need to share your image/s via Twitter, Facebook or Instagram, and you must tag either @ClipperRace on Twitter/Clipper Round the World Yacht Race on Facebook/@ClipperRace on Instagram. You can also share with @AlbanyAU, and Eat Sleep Play Albany, and you must use the hashtag #ClipperRace or #ClipperRaceAlbany or #ilovealbany.
Photos could be of the yachts approaching/crossing the finish line right in front of the Albany Waterfront Marina, or the moment the top three winning teams spray their prize champagne, as pictured here for the GREAT Britain team during the last Albany stopover in November 2013. It could be of the yachts or crew taken in the marina while the various events take place.
To see the programme of events planned for Albany, click here. The competition will be judged by a local personality next Monday morning and the winner/runners up will be notified that day via social media ahead of race restart the next day.
Terms and conditions
- The competition is open to entrants aged 18 and over, except employees of Clipper Ventures plc. Its agencies and media associates, their families or anyone else connected with the promotion. Anyone in contract with Clipper Ventures Plc, or in a Clipper Round the World Yacht race, is also exempt.
- There is no limit to the number of entries an individual can make.
- An entry is considered to be a PHOTOGRAPHIC IMAGE of the CLIPPER RACE FLEET OR FLEET DISPLAY IN ALBANY and shared on SOCIAL MEDIA via Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram. To be valid, the entry must include the following ‘#clipperrace’, or #Albany or #ilovealbany.
- The prize is for one adult to join race officials on board their Race Official Yacht, on December 1st 2015, to witness the start of Race 4, the Elliot Brown Timekeeper Cup, in the Clipper Round the World Yacht Race. Details of joining the yacht (time and location) will be supplied to the winner on or before 30th November 2015.
- The winner will be selected on 30 November at noon notified via social media.
- Before Clipper Ventures Plc awards the prize, shortlisted candidates shall be contacted via social media and required to confirm their availability to take up the prize, and that they are medically fit to do so. While on board they must follow all instructions carefully.
- Travel to and from the departure point of the yacht and miscellaneous costs related to participation in the experience are not included.
- All prizes awarded are non-transferable. There is no cash alternative.
- The competition will stay open for 8 days from 22 November 2015 to noon on 30 November 2015.The winner’s name may be announced via the Clipper Race Facebook page on the 30 November 2015 (https://www.facebook.com/clipperroundtheworld)
- Clipper Ventures plc., retains the right to add or amend these terms and conditions where reasonable. For the purpose of doubt, the decision of the Management of Clipper Ventures plc. is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
- By entering this competition participants agree their information will be retained by Clipper Ventures Plc.
- By entering, the winner agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.