Stormhoek Race to the Cape of Storms Prize-giving Tonight
25 October 2015
It’s almost time to get the party started as we count down the hours to the Stormhoek Race to the Cape of Storms Prize-giving and Crew Party.
The excitement kicks off at 1930 local time at The Lookout at the V&A Waterfront so make sure you have collected your tickets from the Race Office – and a map if you need directions. As well as podium places being formally announced, the Social Spirit Award winning team will be too.
Before that the social spirit will be flowing during the Stormhoek Happy Hour in the VIP marquee on Jetty 2, Quay 6, between 1600-1700 local time.
Hailing from the Western Cape, we thought Leg 2 crew member Colleen Carstons, who happens to work for Origin Wines, the parent company of Stormhoek, was the perfect person to share her top tips for Cape Town.
After racing across the South Atlantic Ocean with the
rest of the IchorCoal team, picking
up the Ocean Sprint bonus points along the way, Colleen says the following things
are not to be missed during the South African stopover.
Colleen's Top Tips:
- Start by taking in the whole city from above, by making a trip up Table Mountain. You can get to the top by cable car or stretch your legs with exhilarating early morning hike. The glorious views make the effort worthwhile.
- Visit Two Ocean Aquarium and swim with the sharks followed by a scenic drive to Cape Point.
- Hang with the penguins at Boulders Beach.
- Meet up with local fishermen in Kalk Bay for the catch of the day, finish with sunset cocktails at Camps Bay.
- See a concert at Kirstenbosch while admiring our indigenous flaura.
- Long Street will offer all the entertainment you need to complete the day.
Colleen’s most important words to know while visiting Cape Town:
Lekker: Nice (used for almost everything)
Baie Dankie: Thank you very much
Biltong: South African delicacy
Stormhoek: A local wine to be shared with everyone!
Join The Race