Brand awareness, Business development, Experiential / Engagement, Growth, Hospitality
- Build brand awareness in key markets [UK, Australia, China and the USA].
- Nurture existing relationships with clients.
- Develop new business opportunities in current and emerging markets.
- 229 clients engaged by
attending LMAX Exchange events during the Clipper Race.
- During the race period, the LMAX Exchange website saw a noticeable increase in web traffic from clients wanting to learn more about the Clipper Race and the team’s progress. This resulted in 500k visits from 300k unique users, creating 1.2 million page impressions.
- LMAX Exchange microsite achieved over 1,500 unique users
- Secured an estimated return on opportunity of 7:1 based on engagements with new clients and increased activity from existing clients.
- 50+ new business connections generated.
- Positive conversations on new business opportunities taking place in 5 markets: London, Cape Town, Sydney, Qingdao and NYC [as well as outside of the race stopovers as a direct result of Clipper Race activations.]
- LMAX Exchange exceeded its objectives in: improving existing client relationships, brand awareness, increasing engagement through social media, and content generation.
- Ranked 5/5 in comparison to other LMAX Exchange sponsorship assets based on uniqueness.
- PR and
Media highlights included:
- All target markets included in top five countries for coverage.
- 2,187 individual news items.
- City A.M.'s coverage of both the Qingdao and New York activation events.
- A unique audience base of 809 million.
- Top five media outlets by reach were in China, a key market for new business.
- The LMAX Exchange Clipper Race winner’s video was shown on the NASDAQ Tower in Times Square on 30 July. This is the largest stationary video screen in the world, standing at seven stories tall.
- International print advertising in the International New York Times.
- LMAX Exchange Clipper Race advert live across New York City including PATH advertising - 41% of all PATH trips into NYC are to the Financial District.
- Reassuring account management “The Clipper Race partnership team were simply 'amazing'. Every query was dealt with in rapid time. Every hurdle presented cleared. The confidence they instilled was inspiring.”
Hosted staff, clients and prospects at a naming ceremony and business networking event, to officially launch the partnership and announce its strategy.
Developed a fully responsive microsite for existing LMAX Exchange clients to engage and follow the race.
Employees attended the Rio stopover to discover more about the South American market.
A crew engagement event also created an important relationship with the team and encouraged them to become ambassadors of the brand.
Hosted a relationship building sail day for key clients across the South African business community. The sail day was followed by an evening reception for the guests and crew to engage and network together.
Unique media and marketing content was generated through a branded kite shoot in front of Table Mountain.
LMAX Exchange’s regional office held a sailing day, followed by networking with business guests to develop awareness in the Australian market.
Original video content was generated through a branded kite shoot in Sydney Harbour.
As a PR initiative, CEO David Mercer participated in the Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race on board LMAX Exchange.
A team building sail day was held for 40 key clients and new business prospects from across China, Hong Kong and South Korea. It was followed by a business networking reception for a wider audience, including media and trade press, to build brand association, meet government representatives and to discuss financial regulations.
Qilin Wang, Head of Asia Sales, took part in a special panel discussion about gender equality, in support of the British Government’s ‘Be Y♀urself’ campaign.
The New York stopover and activation event was used as a platform to announce the launch of the company's US based matching engine.
Prospects from major banks, hedge-funds and brokers took part in an industry regatta on the Hudson River, followed by an evening drinks reception to help build brand profile and mark the official announcement.
Naming rights of the race into New York generated additional media opportunities with regional press.
Collaborative advertising campaign run in conjunction with the Clipper Race across national press and public transport.
The Clipper Race initiative has proved to be the perfect sponsorship vehicle, allowing LMAX Exchange to take the brand around the world and reinforce its position in global capital markets. By leveraging global business destinations such as New York, London, Sydney and China - we were able to connect with our clients and partners in a unique and engaging way, impacting positively on all our relationships in these vital markets